By Ren-Ke Li, Richard D. Weisel
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity One experiences the pathology of cardiac harm and the newest advances in mobile therapy.
Chapters partially one discover the pathogenesis of congestive center failure, the mechanisms answerable for opposed cardiac matrix home improvement, and capability interventions to revive ventricular functionality. half highlights new methods to mobilephone remedy for cardiac regeneration, and contains chapters overlaying other ways of telephone supply, tracking cellphone engraftment, and the feasibility of utilizing allogeneic stem cells to revive cardiac functionality. Chapters partly 3 circulate directly to spotlight novel stem cells for cardiac fix, together with human embryonic stem cells and human pluripotent stem cells, and aspect their present prestige and destiny strength for cardiac treatment. ultimately, half 4 explores gene treatment, and comprises ultrasound-targeted or direct gene supply in addition to cell-based gene treatment for cardiac regeneration.
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity One is complemented by way of a moment quantity overlaying biomaterials and tissue engineering. jointly, the 2 volumes of Cardiac Regeneration and Repair supply a finished source for clinicians, scientists, or academicians interested by cardiac regeneration, together with these drawn to cellphone remedy, tissue engineering, or biomaterials.
- Explores the pathogenesis of congestive middle failure, the mechanisms accountable for antagonistic cardiac matrix home improvement, and strength interventions to revive ventricular function
- Highlights new techniques to telephone treatment for cardiac regeneration and comprises chapters protecting alternative ways of mobilephone supply, tracking mobile engraftment, and the feasibility of utilizing allogeneic stem cells to revive cardiac function
- Explores gene treatment and comprises ultrasound-targeted or direct gene supply in addition to cell-based gene treatment for cardiac regeneration
Read Online or Download Cardiac regeneration and repair: Pathology and therapies PDF
Similar cardiology books
This instruction manual is a handbook meant for citizens at any degree in their adventure, together with cardiothoracic fellowship. it really is intended as a suggestion to appreciate the pathophysiologic motive of motion within the working room and extensive care unit. Emphasis is put on body structure, anatomy, pathology, scientific administration, and surgical procedure.
Harvard clinical tuition, Boston, MA. Brandon/Hill scientific record first-purchase choice (#58). scientific reference on invasive cardiology, for citizens and practitioners. whole textual content is contained on CD-ROM, that is to be had with the go back of enclosed card.
Top physicians summarize during this easy-to-use and eminently sensible guide the day by day administration of transplant donors and recipients at Columbia-Presbyterian clinical heart. themes coated variety from surgical innovations, pathology, and immunosuppression, to posttransplant administration, pediatric center transplantation, surgical choices, and mechanical circulatory guidance as a bridge to transplantation.
* expectantly devise a secure and winning plan for the pump run for sufferers present process surgical procedure for congenital center sickness. This sensible consultant for perfusionists and different individuals of the cardiac surgical crew offers details at the units, expertise and methods required for profitable pass of sufferers with congenital center defects * a realistic, spiral-bound, go-to reference designed to respond to the main frequently-posed questions on pass for CHD, the surgery of that's frequently complex * makes a speciality of the most recent know-how and strategies and gives transparent, matter-of-fact counsel according to particular diagnoses * Written by means of a pro perfusionist who's co-chief and educator at one of many global s prime teenagers s hospitals * Spiral binding permits the e-book to be laid flat for simple referral within the working room * A notes part following every one prognosis allows readers so as to add establishment and/or surgeon-specific info to tailor a skip plan for every CHD lesion
- Quantitation in Cardiology
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Complications in Endovascular Therapy
- Cardiovascular Therapeutics: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
- Practical Handbook of Advanced Interventional Cardiology
Extra info for Cardiac regeneration and repair: Pathology and therapies
12. Jugdutt BI. (2008) Aging and remodeling during healing of the wounded heart: current therapies and novel drug targets. Curr Drug Targets 9: 325–344. 13. Paulus WJ, Tschöpe C, Sanderson JE, et al. (2007) How to diagnose diastolic heart failure: a consensus statement on the diagnosis of heart failure with normal left ventricular ejection fraction by the Heart Failure and Echocardiography Associations of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J 28: 2539–2550. 14. Dickstein K, Cohen-Solal A, Filippatos G, et al.
1997) Extracelular matrix remodeling in heart failure. A role for de novo angiotensin II generation. Circulation 96: 4065–4082. 51. Cleutjens JP, Kandala JC, Guarda E, et al. (1995) Regulation of collagen degradation in the rat myocardium after infarction. J Mol Cell Cardiol 27: 1281–1292. 52. Kim HE, Dalal SS, Young E, et al. (2000) Disruption of the myocardial extracellular matrix leads to cardiac dysfunction. J Clin Invest 106: 857–866. 53. Spinale FG, Coker ML, Bond BR and Zellner JL. (2000) Myocardial matrix degradation and metalloproteinase activation in the failing heart: a potential therapeutic target.
Int J Cardiol 130: 147–158. 104. Mosser DM and Edwards JP. (2008) Exploring the full spectrum of macrophage activation. Nat Rev Immunol 8: 958–969. 105. Troidl C, Mollmann H, Nef H, et al. (2009) Classically and alternatively activated macrophages contribute to tissue remodelling after myocardial infarction. J Cell Mol Med 13: 3485–3496. 106. dos Santos L, Santos AA, Goncalves GA, et al. (2010) Bone marrow cell therapy prevents infarct expansion and improves border zone remodeling after coronary occlusion in rats.