By Ren-Ke Li, Richard D. Weisel
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity reviews using biomaterials, on my own or mixed with telephone remedy, in delivering tissue-engineered constructs to fix the injured center and forestall or opposite center failure.
Part one explores the range of biomaterials on hand for cardiac fix, together with nanomaterials and hydrogels. extra chapters discover using biomaterials to augment stem phone treatment for restoring ventricular functionality and producing stem cell-modified intravascular stents. half specializes in tissue engineering for cardiac fix, together with chapters on decellularized biologic scaffolds, man made scaffolds, mobile sheet engineering, maturation of sensible cardiac tissue patches, vascularized engineered tissues for in vivo and in vitro purposes, and medical issues for cardiac tissue engineering. eventually, half 3 explores vascular home improvement, together with chapters highlighting aortic extracellular matrix home improvement, cell-biomaterial interactions for blood vessel formation, and stem cells for tissue-engineered blood vessels.
Cardiac Regeneration and service, quantity Two is complemented by means of an preliminary quantity overlaying pathology and remedies. jointly, the 2 volumes of Cardiac Regeneration and service provide a finished source for clinicians, scientists, or academicians excited about cardiac regeneration, together with these drawn to mobilephone treatment, tissue engineering, or biomaterials.
- Surveys the range of biomaterials on hand for cardiac fix, together with nanomaterials and hydrogels.
- Focuses on tissue engineering for cardiac fix together with scientific concerns for cardiac tissue engineering
- Explores vascular home improvement, highlighting aortic extracellular matrix home improvement, cell-biomaterial interactions for blood vessel formation, and stem cells for tissue-engineered blood vessels
Read Online or Download Cardiac regeneration and repair: Biomaterials and tissue engineering PDF
Best cardiology books
This instruction manual is a guide meant for citizens at any level in their event, together with cardiothoracic fellowship. it truly is intended as a suggestion to appreciate the pathophysiologic intent of motion within the working room and extensive care unit. Emphasis is put on body structure, anatomy, pathology, scientific administration, and surgical method.
Harvard clinical college, Boston, MA. Brandon/Hill clinical record first-purchase choice (#58). scientific reference on invasive cardiology, for citizens and practitioners. whole textual content is contained on CD-ROM, that is on hand with the go back of enclosed card.
Top physicians summarize during this easy-to-use and eminently useful instruction manual the daily administration of transplant donors and recipients at Columbia-Presbyterian scientific heart. themes coated diversity from surgical innovations, pathology, and immunosuppression, to posttransplant administration, pediatric middle transplantation, surgical choices, and mechanical circulatory assistance as a bridge to transplantation.
* with a bit of luck devise a secure and profitable plan for the pump run for sufferers present process surgical procedure for congenital center ailment. This useful consultant for perfusionists and different participants of the cardiac surgical staff offers info at the units, know-how and methods required for profitable skip of sufferers with congenital center defects * a pragmatic, spiral-bound, go-to reference designed to respond to the main frequently-posed questions on pass for CHD, the surgical procedure of that is frequently complex * makes a speciality of the most recent expertise and strategies and offers transparent, matter-of-fact assistance in accordance with particular diagnoses * Written by means of a professional perfusionist who's co-chief and educator at one of many global s best childrens s hospitals * Spiral binding permits the publication to be laid flat for simple referral within the working room * A notes part following every one analysis permits readers so as to add establishment and/or surgeon-specific info to tailor a pass plan for every CHD lesion
- Oxford Case Histories in Cardiology (Oxford Case Histories)
- Cardiac Drug Therapy Khan
- Electrocardiografia Practica
- Cardiovascular Gap Junctions
- Electrophysiological Disorders of the Heart
- Coronary Vasculature: Development, Structure-Function, and Adaptations
Extra resources for Cardiac regeneration and repair: Biomaterials and tissue engineering
7:1049–57. 20. Choi JS, Leong KW, and Yoo HS (2008). In vivo wound healing of diabetic ulcers using electrospun nanofibers immobilized with human epidermal growth factor (EGF). Biomaterials. 29:587–96. 21. Patel S, Kurpinski K, Quigley R, Gao HF, Hsiao BS, et al. (2007). Bioactive nanofibers: Synergistic effects of nanotopography and chemical signaling on cell guidance. Nano Lett. 7:2122–8. 22. Taek Gyoung Kim, and Park TG (2006). Surface functionalized electrospun biodegradable nanofibers for immobilization of bioactive molecules.
Nature. 462:426–32. 16. Chew SY, Mi RF, Hoke A, and Leong KW (2007). Aligned protein–polymer composite fibers enhance nerve regeneration: a potential tissue-engineering platform. Adv Funct Mater. 17:1288–96. 17. Luong-Van E, Grondahl L, Chua KN, Leong KW, Nurcombe V, and Cool SM (2006). Controlled release of heparin from poly(epsilon-caprolactone) electrospun fibers. Biomaterials. 27:2042–50. 18. Liao IC, Chew SY, and Leong KW (2006). Aligned core-shell nanofibers delivering bioactive proteins.
Several nanosensors have been developed to record these signals. For example, insufficient blood supply to the heart muscles with anaerobic metabolism, which leads to an increase of K+ efflux from the cardiovascular cells and decrease in pH. Detection of K+ and H+ concentration changes were initiators for the development of nanosensors. Li et al. 41 They used a multi-sensor silicon needle to conduct multimeasurement of ions such as K+, H+ and temperature on the myocardial tissue at the same time.